DIAVOLO is SEEKING an education program director for THE DIAVOLO INSTITUTE!
Since the launch of its expanded programs in 2012, THE DIAVOLO INSTITUTE’s in-school and community engagement programs have served more than 40,000 students, teaching artists, veterans and community stakeholders nationwide.
THE DIAVOLO INSTITUTE is comprised of
1) L.A. UNITY, a regular workshop series in partnership with K-12 schools,
2) T.R.U.S.T., an interactive in-school assembly show,
3) THE VETERANS PROJECT, restorative movement workshops and performances for veterans and their families,
4) YPC, a young person’s concert delivered and presented on tour,
5) masterclasses, intensives and residencies produced nationwide, and
6) special community engagement projects.
▪ Full-time, 40 hours a week, hybrid work schedule (based on needs)
▪ Access to medical, dental, vision, and 403(b) retirement plan
▪ Oversee the administration, management and coordination of THE DIAVOLO INSTITUTE ▪ Hire, train and nurture the growth of teaching artists in order to further the mission of DIAVOLO’s K-12 and community engagement programs
▪ Design and implement curriculum and lesson plans based on individual school sites and community center needs and manage a thorough schedule of performances, workshops and educational activities
▪ Oversee logistics (scheduling, travel, tech, & crew), manage day-to-day activities and serve as the point person for safety-related training for all educational and community engagement activities
▪ Identify, cultivate and solidify new and existing educational and community relationships ▪ Promote and advertise all Institute related activities to stakeholders (i.e. participants, parents, audience members, community members, partners, etc.)
▪ Ensure proper documentation of all Institute related activities (i.e. photos, videos, etc.) and assist in grant writing and reporting (as needed)
▪ Gather, approve and submit all Institute related payroll timesheets
▪ Identify and secure educational and philanthropic business opportunities
▪ Develop and execute a comprehensive evaluation strategy, including but not limited to, data collection, both qualitative and quantitative, survey execution, program monitoring and feedback.
▪ Create and administer sound strategies to improve the organization’s participant recruitment ▪ Represent DIAVOLO at various meetings, events and conventions.
▪ Assume other responsibilities as needed
▪ Bachelor of Arts in Dance, Arts Education or related field
▪ Three to five years of considerable, progressively responsible experience in organizing and supervising arts education programs
▪ Strong communication, strategic thinking and interpersonal skills
▪ Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
HOW TO APPLY
▪ Email a Cover Letter and Resume to Jose Hernandez at email@example.com.